Canada has always been the dream destination for learning and settlement, for people across the globe. During the past few years, the number of Indians moving to Canada for studies and then converting to permanent residents after studies have increased tremendously.
As per available figures, 30 % of the international students who entered Canada after 2000 have become permanent residents in 10 years.
For the Canadian Government, international students are potential labor that contributes to the Country’s economy.
Major attractions for international students in Canada
- Canadian work experience: It is valued a lot across the globe
- High-paying jobs: International students get high-paying job opportunities in Canada during studies and after studies.
- Favorable Policy of Canadian Government: International students add great value to the Country’s economy, and thus, the Canadian Government is always ready to welcome international students.
Factors favoring international students for Canadian Labour market
- Age: The young age of international students compared to the old Canadian population makes them a good choice for the Canadian Labor market.
- Canadian Credentials: Possessing Canadian Credentials adds value to international students’ candidature to get hired.
- Language Proficiency: The international students have to prove their language proficiency before entering Canada. Thus, they are good at communicating.
- Strong social networks: International students network a lot during their initial months to adapt to the new environment. Thus, they must have developed a strong social network that will prove mutually beneficial for employers and international students as employees.
- The Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) that international students get is an open work permit that allows DLI graduates to work under any employer in Canada and gain work experience. This work experience will prove to be helpful for graduates to get converted to Permanent Residents of Canada. Also, the graduates with a minimum of one year of work experience in Canada and who are proficient in either English or French will get permanent residency under the Canadian Experience Class.
Thus, the prospects seem bright for international students to settle in Canada permanently. However, the right knowledge and guidance is the only way out. Explore the best possible prospects for you with Options Abroad, today.